Dr Banarji B.H is acclaimed as the Best Orthopaedic Surgeon Specialised in the field of Arthroscopy and sports medicine, He is expertised in Shoulder and Upper limb disorders & He is one of the eminent, distinguished and most sought after shoulder surgeon in Bangalore
He is one of the pioneers in the field of Shoulder Arthroscopy and upper limb reconstructive surgeries ,He is one among the few surgeons who introduced key hole surgeries of shoulder and elbow joint in the state of Karnataka and has performed maximum numbers of keyhole surgeries of shoulder, knee and elbow joints. He is a leading Shoulder Specialist In Bangalore.
He has done his M.B.B.S – from Govt Medical college (now VIMS),Bellary in July 1998
M.S. Orthopedics, from M.R. Medical College, Gulbarga affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore in April 2005
Dr. Banarji BH
- Fellowship in Shoulder Surgeries, advanced shoulder arthroscopy and shoulder joint replacement training with Dr.Ashish Babulkar, Pune, in year 2007
- Fellowship in Arthroscopy & Sports Medicine with Dr JVS Vidyasagar, in year 2008
- Clinical Observership in Adult Reconstructive joint surgeries in National University Hospital, Singapore, in year 2009
- Fellowship in Advanced Shoulder reconstructive Surgeries, with Phillippe Collin, France, in year 2010.
Professional Experience & Fields of Expertise
In his 15 years of clinical experience , Dr Banarji BH has been involved in more than 12,000 orthopaedic surgical procedures ranging from all routine fracture fixations to advanced arthroscopy and joint replacement of all major joints including hip , knee , shoulder , elbow and ankle. Later he has advanced his clinical research and upgraded his skills in the field of shoulder surgeries, arthroscopy and sports injuries.
He is the pioneer of many advanced and innovative surgeries of shoulder joint, Dr Banarji BH is the 1st to do in the state of Karnataka for several innovative Arthroscopic surgeries of shoulder like
Arthroscopic Suprascapular nerve Decompression,
Arthroscopic bone block reconstruction and
Arthroscopic Trans osseous cuff repair,
Arthroscopic AC joint repair surgery .
- Currently working as Senior Consultant Orthopedic and Head of shoulder & upperlimb division at SAKRA World Hosspital, Bangalore, an indo-japan collaboration Multispeciality Hospital in Bangalore from October 2014 till date
- Associate professor in department of Orthopedics, Specialist in Arthroscopy, sports medicine & joint replacement and expert in knee and shoulder surgeries at MS RAMAIAH hospitals, Bangalore. from June-2006 till October 2014
- Private practice in my clinic “Ortho One Orthopedic Specialty Clinic” CHBS Layout, Vijayanagar Bangalore-560040, from October 2007.
- Worked as senior registrar with Dr K Srinivasan in Manipal north side hospital Bangalore from May 2005 to April 2006
Honours & Awards-
Has received Best paper award for his publication in Journal of Orthopaedic Case Report- Jan 2012, has been honoured by several civic and social bodies and ditrict medical associations for his service to the society .
Professional Organisational Membership-
- INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF ARTHROSCOPY, KNEE SURGERY AND ORTHOPAEDIC SPORTS MEDICINE (ISAKOS)
- INDIAN ARTHROSCOPY SOCIETY (IAS)
- INDIAN MEDICAL COUNCIL
- INDIAN ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATION
- KARNATAKA MEDICAL COUNCIL
- KARNATAKA ORTHOPAEDIC ASSOCIATION
- BANGALORE ORTHOPAEDIC SOCIETY
- BANGALORE ARTHROSCOPY SOCIETY
Dr. Banarji BH . Has delivered many presentations in various medical forums at National & International levels, and has multiple publications in the peer reviewed International journals. he is been invited as a guest faculty for several national and international conferences .
Academic & Organisational Services-
He has organised several training workshops , CMEs and Conferences for the young orthopaedic surgeons and physiotherapists .
Several hands on training workshops , CME and conferences related to training young surgeons in shoulder and arthroscopy and several workshops for physios to orient clinical aspect of shoulder problems
I had a freak accident while playing football. I crashed on a wall and dislocated my left collar bone. My immediate action was to reach a good hospital in my vicinity. Living on Sarjapur Road my best choice was Sakra World hospital. I think, I was not wrong in my choice.I was referred to Dr Banarji B H. To my luck he is not only an orthopedic doctor but also specialized in arthroscopic shoulder surgeries which I felt is rear to get in Bangalore.
I would like to thank Dr.Banarji for his care and proffesionality in treating both a Bankart tear and a Hill sachs lesion in my left shoulder. Being a very active person, it was very difficult for me to not exercise and play football due to my shoulder but the physiotherapy he offered helped me to regain full strength without any complications. He was also very open and understanding, helping me to understand more about my injury and the healing process.
Am Mulla Irfan. I come from Udupi. I have had pain in my right shoulder since long and have tried various treatments for it. Since the pain was getting worse with time, I even had to get steroid injection almost 4 times. After the injections the pain would go away for some time but only to relapse. The condition was becoming so severe and unbearable that I was hardly getting any sleep at night. Often times I would have to turn to the side and press the arm to get some relief.